Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Before Coffee Cupcake’s Day

Before beginning the story of our “day 13”, I forgot to tell you a couple of incidents at airports.

Incident 1 Eugenia "The Terrorist" - Location: Tucson Airport.

The counter clerk for the airline, when I tried to check in, gave me my boarding pass but when I ask for Eugenia’s pass he shook his head and said: WE HAVE A PROBLEM. I thought of course we have a problem WE DO NOT HAVE TIME SIR.

The employee tried to explain that Eugenia's name was on an FBI list of terrorism suspects and for that reason could not board the plane until to check that information. I like the “designated translator” told my friend the news. Of course she thought it was a joke... that was not.

Eugenia
is a very common name and she have a very common last name too, she is Eugenia Rodriguez (a kind of John Smith in U.S. version). But the problem is even worse because she have two nationalities and obviously two passports... this was TOO MUCH for poor employee. He spend almost an hour to check my Eugenia Rodriguez was not the Eugenia Rogriguez that the FBI was looking for.

Incident 2 - Paola "The dangerous drug dealer" - Location: Phoenix Airport.

I was starred the second incident in the baggage check line in Phoenix Airport. When my luggage cross the scanners, a security man approached wondering to who was that suitcase. The suitcase was mine and I had to accompany them for a revision.

I almost died of laughter when I realized they were doing drug testing with my chimbote milk candy. LOL

2 comments:

  1. creo que esas dos cosas que contaste ahoara que uno lo vez despues de un tiempo se vuelven anecdotas my graciosas del viaje! me habia olvidado! jajaja

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha yes, like you said, "NOW" all the story looks funny... but not in that moment

    ReplyDelete