Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 11 / Mesa – Phoenix -Tucson

The day began with a useless trip to Phoenix. We wanted to go from Mesa to Tucson. The receptionist at the hotel bought bus ticket’s to us from Phoenix but the first stop road to Tucson is Mesa so... Why she did not buy tickets from Mesa? I know people here in U.S. used the car until to go to buy bread but i think, at least people who work in service to the tourist, should know that there is a bus stop one block away.

Anyway 3 hours later we arrived in Tucson. We went to leave our luggage to the hotel, to eat something and then began the tortuous task of arriving at the premises of the festival.

Believe me this place was in the middle of NOWHERE. We use a bus then another bus and we were still very far. Almost two hours later we were in a place called, affectionately by locals, T.T.T or Triple T that means Tucson Truck Terminal. Two beautiful girls who hardly speak English in a Truck Terminal, can you imagine that scene? Truck drivers looked at us as if they had never seen a woman. LOL!!!

We immediately decided it would take a taxi, we do not care whatever was the rate. On the desk we ask them to call one by phone. When she said that two girls wanted a taxi I could hear the other side of the line TWO GIRLS??? HAHAHAHA is a fact they never seen a woman there.

The taxi’s driver liked carousels... que HdP I would liked to kill him but the only thing I wanted was to get to that DAMN place.

When we finally
arrived we find Jeremy. Jeremy is an echelon of Phoenix who also was at the concert in Las Vegas.

He wanted to know my opinion of the show and the support bands. I
was so concise and lapidary – I hate Neon Trees and I really enjoy Street Drum Corps. I told him and I add I loooooooooooooove Bobby Alt. He looked at me and replied – Bobby is right here, want you to know him? OMG why not?




That way we met the brothers Alt. Wooooohooo... and Bobby’s little dog of course.

1 comment:

  1. This is the right webpage for anybody who wants to find out about
    this topic. You know so much its almost hard to argue with
    you (not that I really will need to…HaHa). You certainly put a brand
    new spin on a subject that has been written about for decades.
    Great stuff, just wonderful!
    Feel free to surf my website : Deborah Koval

    ReplyDelete